My last trading performance update was for January, so I’m 6 months behind in updates. I was thinking of the best way to group the data that made the most sense. It didn’t seem practical to just post separate entries for each month missed since all the data is now available. So I think I will group them by quarters- meaning I will post February and March performance data along with a 1st Quarter summary, and do the same with April – June performance data. July will be posted separately and stats should be updated monthly going forward.
They also fit nicely into three general categories: the “ugly”, “bad”, and “good”.
The 1st quarter saw the biggest losses where I took some extra risks (The Ugly). The 2nd quarter wasn’t as bad as the 1st quarter, but it was still a losing quarter (The Bad). July turned in solid positive returns.
I’m trading with a smaller account, so expect to see some big percentage swings.
The interesting thing I realized is how dramatic performance results can change based on an altered interpretation/analysis of the given price data. Some minor system modifications based on an updated understanding can make all the difference between a trade working out to near perfection, or not working at all.